Imagine yourself nestled in your favorite recliner after a long day, relaxing while you read a book or watch TV. But something feels off.
You notice that your feet don’t quite touch the floor or perhaps the recliner isn’t aligning with your favorite coffee table. It could very well be that your recliner needs a little lift.
It’s common for people to feel that their recliners are too low, and the good news is that there are several safe and effective ways how can you make your recliner higher.
Elevating your recliner can improve your seating posture, enhance comfort, and better align with the rest of your furniture, creating a harmonious living space.
How Can I Make My Recliner Higher? – A Quick Answer
Easy Guide to Make A Recliner High
Here are some effective tips that will help you to make your recliner high, let’s review them.
1. Choosing the Right Risers for Your Recliner
One of the most straightforward and commonly used methods to raise a recliner is by using furniture risers. These simple yet robust tools are designed to safely elevate your furniture without damaging your floors or the furniture itself.
Furniture risers come in various heights, materials, and designs to match your recliner and interior décor. When selecting the appropriate risers, consider the weight of your recliner and the height you wish to achieve. Quality risers will have a sturdy, non-slip base to ensure the safety and stability of your elevated recliner.
2. Installation Process of Recliner Risers
Before embarking on the process, ensure you have a clear working space. This will help you move around freely and prevent any potential accidents.
- Prepare your recliner: Start by reclining your chair to its maximum to prevent any sudden movements during the installation process.
- Position the risers: Gently lift each leg of your recliner and place the risers underneath. Ensure they are centered and stable.
- Test the stability: Once all the risers are in place, gently push the recliner to check its stability. If it wobbles, adjust the risers until it is stable.
3. Alternative Method: Using a Platform Base
If you’re looking for a more permanent solution or want to raise your recliner significantly, consider building or purchasing a platform base. This solid structure elevates the entire recliner evenly and provides a robust and stable base.
To build a platform base:
- Measure your recliner: Measure the dimensions of your recliner’s base to determine the size of the platform.
- Select the material: Choose sturdy material like wood or metal for the platform. Ensure it is strong enough to support the weight of the recliner and the person using it.
- Assemble the platform: Cut the material to the desired size and assemble the platform. You can opt to add non-slip pads or rubber feet to keep the recliner from sliding on carpet.
- Place your recliner on the platform: Once the platform is ready, carefully lift your recliner onto the platform. Check for stability before use.
4. Safety Considerations
While adjusting the height of your recliner, safety should be paramount. Ensure the risers or platform used are sturdy and stable to prevent any risk of tipping over. Always test the stability before you settle in your newly elevated recliner.
Related Articles You Might Find Useful To Solve More Recliner Issues:
- Should Your Feet Hang Off A Recliner?
- How to Make a Rocker Recliner Not Rock?
- How To Restuff A Recliner Seat?
Video Guide: How Can I Make My Recliner Higher?
Video Credits: The Bearded Woodworker
The Impact of a Higher Recliner
You might wonder how such a small change can make a significant difference. Raising your recliner to a more suitable height can help in numerous ways:
- Improved Posture: A properly aligned recliner will support your spine and reduce the risk of backache and muscular discomfort.
- Ease of Use: Getting in and out of your chair can be much easier when the seat is at the right height. This can be particularly beneficial for older adults or people with mobility issues.
- Harmonious Decor: A higher recliner can better match other furniture pieces in your living space, creating a more cohesive and balanced decor.
Maintaining Your Elevated Recliner
To keep your recliner in top shape, it’s essential to maintain both the recliner and its new additions.
- Regular checks: Periodically check the risers or platform for any signs of wear and tear. If you notice any instability, it may be time for a replacement.
- Clean regularly: Dust and clean the recliner, including its risers or platform, to maintain its appearance and longevity.
- Professional Assistance: If you’re ever unsure about the condition of your recliner or its elevated base, don’t hesitate to seek help from a furniture professional. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Looking Forward to Your Enhanced Comfort
Raising your recliner is a straightforward process that can significantly improve your comfort and the aesthetics of your living space.
Whether you choose to use furniture risers or a custom platform, always ensure that the materials used are sturdy and safe. Regular maintenance checks can help preserve your recliner’s elevated base for years to come.
Indeed, the process of making your recliner higher can be an exciting project, bringing both practical benefits and a refreshed look to your living room.
Now that you’re equipped with these expert-approved methods, it’s time to elevate your relaxation experience to a whole new level. Enjoy the newfound comfort of your higher recliner!
Adjusting the height of your recliner can greatly improve your comfort and the overall aesthetic of your living space. Whether you choose to use risers or a platform base, remember that stability and safety should always come first. With these expert tips and techniques, you can customize your recliner to suit your unique needs and preferences, enhancing your relaxation experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What types of risers are best for elevating a recliner?
There’s a variety of risers available, designed to cater to different needs and preferences. When selecting risers for your recliner, consider factors such as the weight of the recliner, the desired height increase, the material, and the design of the risers. Typically, sturdy plastic or wood risers with non-slip bases are recommended for safety and durability.
How can I ensure the safety of my recliner after raising its height?
Safety is paramount when altering the height of your recliner. Always ensure that the risers or platform used are robust and stable. Test the recliner’s stability by gently pushing it to check for any wobbling. If instability is noted, adjust until the recliner is steady. Regular maintenance checks are also essential to maintain safety over time.
How much can I raise my recliner’s height without compromising its stability?
The amount you can raise your recliner’s height will largely depend on the type of recliner and the method used to elevate it. Typically, using furniture risers, you can safely elevate your recliner by 1 to 6 inches. If you’re looking to achieve a significant increase, a custom-made platform might be a better solution. However, ensure the recliner remains stable and safe at its new height.
Can I use a platform base for all types of recliners?
Yes, a platform base can be used to elevate any type of recliner. It provides a stable and robust base that uniformly lifts the entire recliner. It’s especially suitable for larger or heavier recliners, or when a significant height increase is desired. Always ensure the platform is designed to accommodate the weight and size of your specific recliner model.
Can raising my recliner affect its reclining mechanism?
Raising your recliner should not impact its reclining mechanism as long as the method used to elevate the recliner is safe and stable. Whether you use furniture risers or a platform base, these methods only alter the base height and do not interfere with the recliner’s mechanics. However, always check the reclining function after making any adjustments to ensure everything is working correctly.
Michael Thompson is the heart and brain behind Furniture Ruler X. With a lifelong passion for furniture design and a keen eye for quality, he embarked on a mission to simplify the often complex world of furniture shopping and care. Michael’s expertise extends beyond the written word, as he also has hands-on experience in selecting and maintaining a wide range of furniture types.
He dedicates his time to conducting meticulous research and curating invaluable content, all with the goal of helping you create comfortable and stylish living spaces. Michael’s commitment to accuracy and detail ensures Furniture Ruler X remains a trusted resource in the furniture world. Have any questions in mind?… or any recommendations? Reach Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org